RFR(S): JDK-8157236 - attach on ARMv7 fails with com.sun.tools.attach.AttachNotSupportedException: Unable to open socket file

Dmitry Samersoff dmitry.samersoff at oracle.com
Fri Aug 5 09:25:09 UTC 2016

Everybody,

Please review the fix:

  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dsamersoff/JDK-8157236/webrev.02/

Problem:
  Tests fail intermittently because it can't attach to child process,
  these attach failures is hard to debug because attach framework
  doesn't provide enough diagnostic information.

Solution:

  a) Increase attach timeout
  b) Slightly change attach loop to save a bit of CPU power.
  c) Add some logging to attach listener.

It's just a first step in this direction. Complete cleanup of attach
code (remove LinuxThreads support and convert all printing to UL) is not
a goal of this fix - I'll file a separate CR for it.

-Dmitry

--
Dmitry Samersoff
Oracle Java development team, Saint Petersburg, Russia