RFR(s): 8171449" [aarch64] store_klass needs to use store release

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Fri Dec 23 13:35:21 UTC 2016

On 23/12/16 12:31, Thomas Schatzl wrote:
> I hope this answers your question.
>
> Given this I tend to think that there is no issue here after all, but
> please by all means, verify this.

OK.  I'm going to step through to see if that is what really happens.
I'm pretty sure that when I did step through I didn't see any NULLing
of the klass field, but I take it from your answer that the only time
this actually needs to happen is when an object is allocated by the
C++ runtime code, not by the JIT-generated code or the JIT's runtime
libraries, which only ever allocated in the young gen.

Thanks,

Andrew.