RFR 9: 8087286 Need a way to handle control-C and possibly some other signals

Chris Hegarty chris.hegarty at oracle.com
Mon Feb 1 16:47:43 UTC 2016

Thank you for taking this on Roger.

An initial question to help my understanding. [ I think I need to
understand this, before I can comment further on the API ]

I'm a little confused about how the default handler is supposed to
work, so I looked at the implementation and become even more confused.
The consumer is registered on a per instance basis, and the instance
is added to the static map when it is created. So it appears that the
registered handler is not dependent on when the last register() is
called, but when the last instance of a Signal for a specific signal
is created. Is this intended?

-Chris.