RFR(XS) 8148785: Update class file version to 53 for JDK-9

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Wed Feb 3 14:32:55 UTC 2016

On 03/02/2016 14:12, harold seigel wrote:
> Hi Aleksey,
>
> Thanks for the review.  The plan is to first change the runtime to
> accept version 53 files and then change the tools to generate them.
> Hopefully, this will reduce incompatibility problems.  See JDK-8148651
> <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8148651> for details.
Right, there are several things that need to happen and I think we need
hotspot accepting 53.0 before javac starts to generate them.

The webrevs look okay to me, except it might be better to drop "New
Module attribute" from the comment in classfileParser.cpp until JSR 376
is further along and we line up the trucks to bring the module system
into JDK 9.

-Alan