RFR(XS): 8148747 - [TESTBUG] runtime/Unsafe/AllocateMemory.java fails with OOM during compilation

Christian Tornqvist christian.tornqvist at oracle.com
Wed Feb 3 21:03:16 UTC 2016

Hi Vladimir,

> This means these tests will not be run in Compiler nightlies - we use
-Xcomp. Are you sure you want that?
> On other hand these tests are not designed to use compilers (no loops, no
hot methods). May be you should run them with -Xint then?

The purpose of this test is to ensure that the unsafe.allocateMemory()
method works correctly, running this with -Xcomp is waste of time and
doesn't give us any additional information. If this means that it's not
running in the compiler repo, then I'm fine with that.
Our tests should as much as possible be run as any normal Java user would
run their programs, that means not specifying -Xint or -Xcomp.

Thanks,
Christian