RFR(XS): 8148747 - [TESTBUG] runtime/Unsafe/AllocateMemory.java fails with OOM during compilation

Vladimir Kozlov vladimir.kozlov at oracle.com
Wed Feb 3 22:25:41 UTC 2016

On 2/3/16 2:01 PM, Coleen Phillimore wrote:

> Doesn't there exist a bug for the compiler ungracefully crashing when it
> runs out of memory for arenas during compilation?

It is different issue. In current case we concern about JIT compilation
of unsafe.allocateMemory() calls.

> This test could be used as a test for that problem which still exists.
> We would like to have this one be a test for the runtime code though,
> which Christians change accomplishes.

I think not running tests in compiler nightlies is not acceptable. We're
using other compiler related flags which other groups are not using.

You can get the same result by adding -Xmixed to @run command as Igor
suggested. It will overwrite flags specified by testing environment.

Thanks,
Vladimir