RFR (S) JDK-8149023: Event based tracing should cover safepoint begin and end

Carsten Varming varming at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 17:01:00 UTC 2016

Dear David Simms,

Forgive me for asking, but is it possible to gather up the information and
commit one event per safepoint. That would keep related information
together nicely. With one event per safepoint you could commit it after the
safepoint is over, thus reducing David Holmes' concerns of the potential
overhead.

My 2cent,
Carsten