RFR(m): 8145184: [aix] Implement os::platform_print_native_stack on AIX

Lindenmaier, Goetz goetz.lindenmaier at sap.com
Wed Jan 13 11:48:07 UTC 2016

Hi Thomas,

I had a look at your change.

The construction with #ifndef PLATFORM_PRINT_NATIVE_STACK is quite
unconventional ... but it was there before, so it's not an issue of your change.

It's good to have this now, I've experienced missing stack traces before.

Is it necessary to use macro ERRBYE?  It doesn't really help reading the
code, as the 'return' is hidden in it.  I would remove it with this change.

Don't you have to remove the '== 0' here?  You changed the return value from '0' to true.
-      if (getFuncName((codeptr_t) p, funcname, sizeof(funcname), &displacement,
-                      NULL, NULL, 0, false) == 0) {
+      if (AixSymbols::get_function_name(p, funcname, sizeof(funcname),
+                      &displacement, NULL, true) == 0) {

Get_module_name has wrong indentation of parameters.  Probably they fit into
one line.

Besides that looks good.

Best regards,
  Goetz.