RFR(L): 8161259: Simplify including platform files.

Lindenmaier, Goetz goetz.lindenmaier at sap.com
Thu Jul 14 19:18:35 UTC 2016

Hi everybody,

please take into account that these macros are only used within 20 lines of
the file macro.hpp.  The code everybody needs to understand is
    #include cpu_header(bytes)
which, in this example, is in file bytes.hpp and expands to bytes_<cpu>.hpp.
There are six of these, for cpu/os/os_cpu and .hpp/.inline.hpp.

I really would appreciate if I don't have to spend days editing the
12 lines that use SUB().

@Kim
I'm working on the s390 port, and posted my current progress claiming
that the biggest shared change I need to do is adding the #includes.
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-dev/2016-July/023782.html
This arose the discussion about the includes.
Later I posted a prototype of what Volker proposed in that discussion
to that thread:
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-dev/2016-July/023934.html
which I now turned into a RFR.

Best regards,