RFR(L) 8136930: Simplify use of module-system options by custom launchers

Coleen Phillimore coleen.phillimore at oracle.com
Wed Jul 20 21:47:15 UTC 2016

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8136930.hs/src/share/vm/runtime/arguments.cpp.udiff.html

To check if is_internal_module_property, the numbered ones go to
is_matching_numbered_property, but do you also want to disallow:

jdk.module.addreads.foo   or jdk.module.addreads (with no number?)

Why aren't addmods and limitmods allowed be specified more than once on
the command line and handled like the other ones?

+ // options. For example: use "--add-modules java.sql", not
"-Djdk.module.addmods=java.sql"

Does this comment need an equal sign?

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8136930.hs/test/compiler/unsafe/UnsafeGetConstantField.java.udiff.html

Can you fix the indentation?

We should add an option -XX:+UseUnsafe to be a shortcut for this:

--add-exports=java.base/jdk.internal.misc=ALL-UNNAMED

The rest looks good.   This implementation looks very clean.

Thanks,
Coleen