RFR(M): 8165896: Use "open" flag from JVM_DefineModule to export all module packages

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Fri Apr 21 14:57:09 UTC 2017

On 21/04/2017 15:05, Rachel Protacio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The jlrM changes have synched into jdk10 and there were a few
> discrepancies from my earlier changesets, so these are slightly
> updated webrevs. (I also found an extra spot in the jdk repo that
> needed deleting.)
>
> Re-tested with JPRT and RBT tiers 2-5.
>
> hotspot webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rprotacio/8165896.01/
> jdk webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rprotacio/8165896.jdk.01/

For jl.Module then it would be cleared if defineModules is changed to:

// export and open packages, skipped for open and automatic
// modules as they as treated as if all packages are open
if (!descriptor.isOpen() && !descriptor.isAutomatic()) {
     initExportsAndOpens(m, nameToSource, nameToModule, layer.parents());
}

That allows you to remove the check from instead initExportsAndOpens.

-Alan