RFR (S): 8181787: Remove Solaris SPARC GCC code

Erik Österlund erik.osterlund at oracle.com
Thu Jun 8 15:06:37 UTC 2017

Hi,

The only supported way of building OpenJDK on Solaris is via the studio
compiler. However, there are unsupported code paths that are enabled
only if _GNU_SOURCE is defined. This might be problematic for multiple
reasons. Checking for _GNU_SOURCE does not check for GCC, it checks
whether the standard library is the GNU standard library. Most
importantly, the code has been bit rotting and e.g. the inline assembly
for atomic seems to have flaws. Since we never test the correctness of
these code paths, I propose to remove this unsupported code.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~eosterlund/8181787/webrev.00/

Testing: JPRT

Will need a sponsor.

Thanks,