RFR(10)(XS) 8177015: STACK_SIZE_MINIMUM of 32k is not always enough for Mac OS X

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Mon Mar 27 00:06:10 UTC 2017

Hi Chris,

On 25/03/2017 6:12 AM, Chris Plummer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please review changes for the following:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~cjplummer/8177015/webrev.00/

Functional change seems okay, though I do have to wonder why we see such
variance in behaviour on different OS X systems

> The CR description explains the problem. I'm increasing the minimum
> allowed -Xss stack size from 32k to 64k. There are also a couple of
> tests that were testing for -Xss32k that I updated to 64k. I also added

  hotspot/test/runtime/Thread/TooSmallStackSize.java

Don't understand why you bumped the 32K to 64K in this test as they seem
unrelated to -Xss flag ??

> a new test case for 253k. This is something I intended to do for

I see no new test for 253K. I see one for 513K in the launcher test.