RFR (S): 8180755: Remove use of bitMap.inline.hpp include from instanceKlass.hpp and c1_ValueSet.hpp

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Tue May 23 01:38:14 UTC 2017

Hi Thomas,

This looks okay to me. A couple of comments:

src/share/vm/oops/generateOopMap.cpp

inline void GenerateOopMap::set_bbmark_bit(int bci) {
   _bb_hdr_bits.at_put(bci, true);
}

Does "inline" serve any purpose here?

---

src/share/vm/oops/generateOopMap.hpp

-  void          set_bbmark_bit              (int bci) {
-    _bb_hdr_bits.at_put(bci, true);
-  }
+  inline void   set_bbmark_bit              (int bci);
    void          clear_bbmark_bit            (int bci) {
      _bb_hdr_bits.at_put(bci, false);
    }

I don't understand why set_bbmark_bit had to be moved out but
clear_bbmark_bit remains ??

-----