[10] JBS: 8167408: Invalid critical JNI function lookup

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Wed Nov 1 04:46:53 UTC 2017

On 1/11/2017 1:11 PM, David Holmes wrote:
> On 1/11/2017 1:03 PM, dean.long at oracle.com wrote:
>> Much better.  But why does the test need -Xbatch -Xcomp?  To me this
>> doesn't look like a compiler-only issue.  The test should give the
>> same result with -Xint right?  Adding runtime alias for their input...
>
> AFAICS this should be a completely compiler and platform agnostic issue.

Platform agnostic yes, but the test fails without -Xcomp (doesn't seem
to need -Xbatch). So there's something about this critical function
mechanism that I don't understand.

That said the test needs more logging so that if it does fail you can
see what, if anything got executed. So the non-critical versions of the
methods should print that they were called, and for good measure also
the critical versions.