RFR[S] 8191927 Enable AppCDS for custom loaders on all 64-bit Linux and AIX

Volker Simonis volker.simonis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 16:46:50 UTC 2017

Hi Ioi,

the change and your refactorings to it look good :) I specially like
the introduction of  "@requires vm.cds.custom.loaders" to simplify the
logic.

I've only found two little problems:

- the patch for the test
"cacheObject/CheckCachedResolvedReferences.java" is empty. That's
probably because it is not related to AppCDS. But the test can and
should still run on all 64-bit Linux and AIX platfroms as well.

- the following two tests still get executed in the product build
where they fail because they use non-product flags:
runtime/appcds/DumpClassList.java
runtime/appcds/ProhibitedPackage.java

I think you fixed that in one of your previous patches but it probably
got lost again before pushing.

The attached "addon.patch" fixes these two problems.

Thank you and bet regards,
Volker