RFR: JDK-8191324: SA cleanup -- part 2

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Thu Nov 30 07:47:45 UTC 2017

Hi Jini,

On 29/11/2017 9:51 PM, Jini George wrote:
> Thank you very much for the review, Serguei. Continuing to keep these
> constants in an interface would mean that they would need to have the
> 'final' qualifier. And that would mean that we would not be able to
> populate the values of these constants at runtime by reading those in
> from vmStructs using db.lookupIntConstant(). I have instead made these
> as inner classes in this new webrev:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jgeorge/8191324/webrev.01/

I had a look at this and it all seems fine. Good to see the ia64 code gone!

> As David had pointed out wrt the review of 8190837: BasicType and
> BasicTypeSize should refer to HotSpot values, I realize that removal of
> the 'final' qualifier could cause parfait warnings, but since we would
> need to do that for the rest of the constants in the file also, I would
> prefer taking it up as a separate exercise.

The fact it is a private inner class will probably be enough to stop
parfait from flagging the non-final static fields. You should also be
able to declare them private (or at least package-access) rather than
public, which further removes them from the kind of construct parfait is
looking for.

-----