RFR(S): 8206408: Add missing CPU/system info to vm_version_ext on PPC64

Haug, Gunter gunter.haug at sap.com
Fri Jul 6 12:51:26 UTC 2018

Hi all,

can I please have reviews and a sponsor for the following tiny fix:

https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/projects/JDK/issues/JDK-8206408
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ghaug/webrevs/8206408

The solution is not really accurate as there is no obvious way to detect the number of cores/slots on a PPC64 system. Anyway, it would be better to have information on the virtualization of the system. We do have a solution for that at SAP and we would be happy to adopt it to JFR and contribute it if there is any interest.

Thanks and best regards,
Gunter