RFR(XS): 8204563: UseAppCDS obsolete message confusing

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Sun Jun 10 13:14:29 UTC 2018

On 9/06/2018 4:50 AM, Calvin Cheung wrote:
> bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8204563
>
> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ccheung/8204563/webrev.00/
>
> This change is for clarifying the obsolete message for the UseAppCDS
> option.

Nit: not withstanding the edits made to the bug report the correct way
to refer to this is as the "obsoletion message".

> Existing:
>      Ignoring option UseAppCDS; support was removed in 11.0
>
> New:
>      Ignoring obsolete option UseAppCDS; AppCDS is automatically enabled
>
> Ran hs-tier1 and hs-tier2 testing successfully.

I'd normally object to special-casing this way but as this will only
need to be present for 4 weeks or so it's okay. In the future we may
need a way to customize messages in a more generic way.

Looks good.