RFR(S): JDK-8203481 Incorrect constraint for unextended_sp in frame:safe_for_sender

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Sun Jun 10 21:05:59 UTC 2018

Hi Dmitry,

I have to admit I still can't connect all the pieces here. When we are
operating in frame::safe_for_sender, what has set _unextended_sp? Can
you walk through a complete example? I can't quite connect Andrew's
example to the original problem.

It still seems to me that the current frame should have:

sp <= unextended_sp <= stack_base()

??