RFR: 8211384: Obsolete -XX:+/-MonitorInUseLists option

Roman Kennke rkennke at redhat.com
Tue Oct 2 14:50:10 UTC 2018

Hi Claes,

This is a welcome change.

Some nits:
- src/hotspot/share/runtime/synchronizer.cpp:

+// deflate_thread_local_monitors() scan a single threads in-use list, while
+// deflate_idle_monitors() scan only a global list of in-use monitors which

s/scan/scans/ ?

+// number of monitors in-use could negatively impacts the performance. We

s/impacts/impact/

Other than this, looks good to me.

Roman