RFR 8079784: Unexpected IllegalAccessError when trying access InnerClasses attribute

Harold David Seigel harold.seigel at oracle.com
Tue Oct 9 14:12:21 UTC 2018

Hi,

Please review this fix, proposed by Doug Simon, for JDK-8079784. The fix
prevents classes in the InnerClasses attribute from being loaded unless
they are actually being accessed.

Also, while looking into this issue, I noticed that method
is_same_package_member() is not used.  So, I removed it as part of this
webrev.

Open Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8079784/webrev/

JBS Bug:  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8079784

The fix was tested with the test in the webrev and by running Mach5
tiers 1 and 2 tests and builds on Linux-x64, Windows, and Mac OS X,
running tiers 3-5 tests on Linux-x64, and by running JCK-12 Lang and VM
tests on Linux-x64.

Thanks, Harold