RFR(S): 8213000: Obsolete the IgnoreUnverifiableClassesDuringDump vm option

Calvin Cheung calvin.cheung at oracle.com
Wed Oct 31 03:42:40 UTC 2018

On 10/30/18, 6:29 PM, David Holmes wrote:
> Hi Calvin,
>
> Looks good.
>
> Only comment is whether the test should be looking for output that
> confirms the non-verifiable class was found and elided from the archive?
How about adding additional check on the output as follows?

         // Unverifiable classes won't be included in the CDS archive.
         // Dumping should not fail.
         OutputAnalyzer output = TestCommon.dump(jar, appClasses);
         output.shouldHaveExitValue(0);
*        if (output.getStdout().contains("Loading clases to share")) {
             // last entry in appClasses[] is a verifiable class
             for (int i = 0; i < (appClasses.length - 1); i++) {
                 output.shouldContain("Verification failed for " +
appClasses[i]);
                 output.shouldContain("Removed error class: " +
appClasses[i]);
             }
         }*

thanks,