RFR(S): 8227122: [TESTBUG] Create Docker sidecar test cases

Bob Vandette bob.vandette at oracle.com
Wed Jul 3 14:49:30 UTC 2019

Very nice addition to ensuring support for popular docker use cases.

A few comments on the TestJcmdWithSideCar.java

1. Shouldn’t you use @requires to only run this test on Linux x64?  CanTestDocker should
protect us but your test wouldn’t run on windows if we added docker support there.

2. Why is this repeated?
 149             "--pid=container:" + MAIN_CONTAINER_NAME,
 150             "--pid=container:" + MAIN_CONTAINER_NAME,
3. I’m a little concerned about the built in fixed delays especially the startMainContainer one.
We don’t want any intermittent test failures. Could you maybe add a DockerThread.checkIsAlive
function and call that every second for 20 seconds and then give up?

What tier are you adding this test to?

Thanks,
Bob.