RFR(S): 8179317: [TESTBUG] rewrite runtime shell tests in java

Igor Ignatyev igor.ignatyev at oracle.com
Sat Jan 25 03:14:02 UTC 2020

Hi Misha,

in general looks good to me, I have two comments though:
- why did you put 'new OutputAnalyzer(pb.start())' into parentheses?
- in vmTestbase, TestDescription.java was originally used to be just that a test description w/o any test logic inside, and I'd prefer it stays that way. in other words, I'd recommend you to rename test/hotspot/jtreg/vmTestbase/metaspace/flags/maxMetaspaceSize/TestDescription.java to test/hotspot/jtreg/vmTestbase/metaspace/flags/maxMetaspaceSize/Test.java for example. this will require the corresponding change in test/hotspot/jtreg/TEST.groups

Thanks,
-- Igor