RFR(S) [15] : 8249032 : clean up FileInstaller $test.src $cwd in vmTestbase_nsk_sysdict tests

Igor Ignatyev igor.ignatyev at oracle.com
Mon Jul 13 17:16:43 UTC 2020

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8249032/webrev.00
> 20 lines changed: 0 ins; 20 del; 0 mod;

Hi all,

could you please review the patch which removes `FileInstaller . .` jtreg action from : vmTestbase_nsk_sysdict tests?
from the main issue(8204985):
> all vmTestbase tests have '@run driver jdk.test.lib.FileInstaller . .' to mimic old test harness behavior and copy all files from a test source directory to a current work directory. some tests depend on this step, so we need 1st identify such tests and then either rewrite them not to have this dependency or leave FileInstaller only in these tests.

none of sysdict tests need FileInstaller, so the patch is just `ag -l  '@run driver jdk.test.lib.FileInstaller . .' vmTestbase/nsk/sysdict xargs -I{} gsed -i '/@run driver jdk.test.lib.FileInstaller \. \./d' {}`.

testing: :vmTestbase_nsk_sysdict on linux-x64
webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8249032/webrev.00

-- Igor