RFR: 8263915: runtime/cds/appcds/MismatchedPathTriggerMemoryRelease.java fails when UseCompressedClassPointers is off

Yumin Qi minqi at openjdk.java.net
Mon Mar 22 20:53:38 UTC 2021

On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 08:16:50 GMT, Thomas Stuefe <stuefe at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Hi Jie,
>
> I think it would be better to couple this not to bitness but directly to UseCompressedClassPointers. The test should also work if we run it with a 64bit VM with compressed class pointers off.
>
> To keep matters simple, I think one could even match either pattern always instead of making it dependent on CompressedClassPointers, but I leave this up to the CDS guys.
>
> Thanks, Thomas

Hi, Thomas, Jie
  On 32bit platform, UseCompressedOops/UseCompressedClassPointers do not exist. So checking for that flag is a little different I think. @DamonFool , could you try to use WhiteBox.getBooleanVMFlag("UseCompressedClassPointers") to check this flag? If it does not exists, it should return null, or it is true/false.  This way, you can have two patterns to check again the result.

Thanks
Yumin