RFR: 8262881: port JVM/DI tests from JDK-4413752 to JVM/TI [v2]

lyndseyBeil github.com+81080647+lyndseybeil at openjdk.java.net
Tue Mar 23 04:50:40 UTC 2021

On Fri, 19 Mar 2021 21:28:09 GMT, Daniel D. Daugherty <dcubed at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Add three tests from JDK-4413752 ported to JVM/TI:
>>
>> - RawMonitorEnter() with SuspendThread()
>>   - test/hotspot/jtreg/serviceability/jvmti/SuspendWithRawMonitorEnter/SuspendWithRawMonitorEnter.java
>>   - test/hotspot/jtreg/serviceability/jvmti/SuspendWithRawMonitorEnter/libSuspendWithRawMonitorEnter.cpp
>>
>> - ObjectMonitor enter() with SuspendThread()
>>   - test/hotspot/jtreg/serviceability/jvmti/SuspendWithObjectMonitorEnter/SuspendWithObjectMonitorEnter.java
>>   - test/hotspot/jtreg/serviceability/jvmti/SuspendWithObjectMonitorEnter/libSuspendWithObjectMonitorEnter.cpp
>>
>> - ObjectMonitor wait() with SuspendThread
>>   - test/hotspot/jtreg/serviceability/jvmti/SuspendWithObjectMonitorWait/SuspendWithObjectMonitorWait.java
>>   - test/hotspot/jtreg/serviceability/jvmti/SuspendWithObjectMonitorWait/libSuspendWithObjectMonitorWait.cpp
>>
>> The Java files have a transaction diagram to show what each of the
>> threads in the test is doing.
>
> Daniel D. Daugherty has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   sspitsyn - fix white space indents problems.

test/hotspot/jtreg/serviceability/jvmti/SuspendWithObjectMonitorEnter/SuspendWithObjectMonitorEnter.java line 92:

> 90:     native static int GetResult();
> 91:     native static void SetPrintDebug();
> 92:     native static void SuspendThread(int id, SuspendWithObjectMonitorEnterWorker thr);

I detect that this code is problematic. According to the [Bad practice (BAD_PRACTICE)](https://spotbugs.readthedocs.io/en/stable/bugDescriptions.html#bad-practice-bad-practice), [Nm: Method names should start with a lower case letter (NM_METHOD_NAMING_CONVENTION)](https://spotbugs.readthedocs.io/en/stable/bugDescriptions.html#nm-method-names-should-start-with-a-lower-case-letter-nm-method-naming-convention).
Methods should be verbs, in mixed case with the first letter lowercase, with the first letter of each internal word capitalized.