RFR: JDK-8266506: [aix] Treat mapping attempt too close to BRK as a mapping error

Thomas Stuefe stuefe at openjdk.java.net
Wed May 5 03:34:13 UTC 2021

On AIX, in os::attempt_reserve_memory_at(), if the user specified a wish address too close to the BRK segment, we silently ignore the wish address and just map anywhere.

This is not the right behavior since the normal behavior when failing to map to a wish address is to return NULL (see JDK-8266419). Therefore we should return NULL in these cases instead.

This is a day zero bug.

Commit messages:
 - start

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=3859&range=00