RFR: 8266557: assert(SafepointMechanism::local_poll_armed(_handshakee)) failed: Must be

Robbin Ehn rehn at openjdk.java.net
Mon May 24 12:52:06 UTC 2021

On Mon, 24 May 2021 12:45:37 GMT, David Holmes <david.holmes at oracle.com> wrote:

> What are you calling the "slow path" here?

"need_rechecking = thread->handshake_state()->has_operation() && thread->handshake_state()->process_by_self();"

If has_operation() returns false we continue out of the transition into an unsafe state.
Thus has_operation() must return true until it is safe to do so.

It's same as for global_poll(), which must return true util the safepoint is over.

Thanks, Robbin