RFR: 8267842: SIGSEGV in get_current_contended_monitor

Martin Doerr mdoerr at openjdk.java.net
Thu May 27 15:53:05 UTC 2021

On Thu, 27 May 2021 15:19:59 GMT, Stefan Karlsson <stefank at openjdk.org> wrote:

> I wonder if this should be changed to perform the read once by using Atomic::load? That's the guidance we've given the last few years. Some background for this: JDK-8234192.

Hi Stefan, thanks for looking at it and thanks for the pointer. I do remember that Atomic::load should be preferred. But I would have to use it in thread.hpp and I don't know if I should change it in current_waiting_monitor() and current_pending_monitor(). Would it be acceptable to change the general code for this special usage? I'm not against doing it, I just want to double-check. It may improve reliability in general.