RFR: JDK-8274434: move os::get_default_process_handle and os::dll_lookup to os_posix for POSIX platforms

David Holmes dholmes at openjdk.java.net
Sat Oct 2 00:45:44 UTC 2021

On Tue, 28 Sep 2021 11:13:00 GMT, Matthias Baesken <mbaesken at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Hello, please review this small change.
> The os::get_default_process_handle and os::dll_lookup functions are pretty similar across the POSIX platforms so they can be moved to os_posix.cpp.

I've also read both manpages and still don't see the need for different behaviour on macOS unless dlopen is actually operating differently in a way not directly detectable from the manpage description. As far as I can tell  RTLD_GLOBAL and RTLD_LOCAL have no bearing on the problem that the use of RTLD_FIRST was trying to address.

Anyway this PR is fine.

Cheers,