RFR: 8274329: Fix non-portable HotSpot code in MethodMatcher::parse_method_pattern

Magnus Ihse Bursie magnus.ihse.bursie at oracle.com
Tue Oct 5 08:09:46 UTC 2021

On 2021-10-05 08:41, Ioi Lam wrote:
> As you can see, the CJK characters in the command-line arguments can't
> even be correctly passed as arguments to the Java main class. If that
> doesn't work, I can't see how we can get `-XX:CompileCommand` to work
> with CJK characters.
So, what does that mean? That we should explicitly limit
`-XX:CompileCommand`to work with ASCII-only arguments? I accept that we
might not get all characters to work in all circumstances due to
limitations in Windows, but the current state of affairs still feel
unsatisfactory. We should at least have a better failure mode, and
document any limitations.

/Magnus