RFR: 8261455: Automatically generate the CDS archive if necessary

Ioi Lam iklam at openjdk.java.net
Tue Oct 19 20:46:40 UTC 2021

On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 17:06:53 GMT, Yumin Qi <minqi at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> test/hotspot/jtreg/runtime/cds/appcds/dynamicArchive/TestAutoCreateSharedArchive.java line 81:
>>
>>> 79:
>>> 80:         // 0. run with non-existing archive should automatically create dynamic archive
>>> 81:         print("0. run with non-existing archive should automatically create dynamic archive");
>>
>> Is it possible to number the test case using the same numbering system as in the error handling specification in
>>
>> https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8272331?focusedCommentId=14447808&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-14447808
>>
>> This way, we can tell why each test case is written. We can also check that all test cases in the specification are covered.
>
> That needs consolidation of the two --- make them exact same. I will make them close to same in next update.

I think we should move the "Error Handling Specification" from https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8272331 into a comment at the top of TestAutoCreateSharedArchive.java. That way, it will be easier to keep the specification, implementation and test in sync in the same Git commit.

After you do that, I will edit the JDK issue to remove the spec and add a link to TestAutoCreateSharedArchive.java in your PR (and eventually point to the GitHub commit after the PR is integrated).