RFR: JDK-8275608: runtime/Metaspace/elastic/TestMetaspaceAllocationMT2 too slow

Thomas Stuefe stuefe at openjdk.java.net
Fri Oct 22 12:49:25 UTC 2021

Small tweaks to make these elastic metaspace stress tests faster.

Before, runtime for individual tests was wobbling between 40+ seconds and some rare timeouts at 3+ minutes, depending on machine load and random luck. Now, we get a steadfast 35-37 seconds.

I tested this manually, checking the numbers that we really test what we want to test (a lot of arena activity). Also GHAs and SAP nightlies.

Thanks, Thomas

Commit messages:
 - tweaks to improve runtime

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=6041&range=00