RFR: 8203290: [PPC64, s390] Check functionality of JDK-8199712 (Flight Recorder) [v19]

Thomas Stuefe stuefe at openjdk.java.net
Fri Feb 4 17:39:12 UTC 2022

On Thu, 3 Feb 2022 11:22:02 GMT, Thomas Stuefe <stuefe at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Looks good to me, too. I think it is ready for integration assuming all change requests were taken care of and tests have passed.
>
>> Looks good to me, too. I think it is ready for integration assuming all change requests were taken care of and tests have passed.
>
> @TheRealMDoerr we should test the latest version of this patch in our nightlies, just in case

> > I'm a fan of more testing @tstuefe. Let me know if you discover anything interesting.
>
> Testing is hard for us because we don't have nightly builds and tests on AIX any more. I don't know if he can afford doing much for it.

Yes, I was assuming this patch fixes JFR for all IBM platforms (also Linux PPC and s390). But this is only AIX. Maybe the issue should be renamed to reflect that. "Implement JFR on AIX". Leave that up to Martin. I think Tyler has no write access to JBS yet.

I would feel better if more than tier 1 jtreg tests would be done, but I know AIX is sluggish. Maybe @egahlin can recommend what tests to run beyond tier1 to exercise JFR a bit. Are all relevant JFR tests part of tier1?