<i18n dev> Fwd: Re: Codereview Request: 7039066 j.u.rgex does not match TR#18 RL1.4 Simple Word Boundaries and RL1.2 Properties

Mark Davis ☕ mark at macchiato.com
Sun Apr 24 21:00:38 PDT 2011

There are pluses and minuses to any of them: UNICODE_SPEC, UNICODE_PROPERTY,
UNICODE_CLASS, UNICODE_PROPERTIES, or UNICODE_CLASSES, although any would
work in a pinch.

I'd favor a bit the singular over the plural, given the usage.

The term 'class' is not used much in Unicode, just for two properties (see
below). So someone could possibly think it just meant those two properties,
and it could cause a bit of confusion with 'class' meaning OO. So for that
reason I don't think CLASS(ES) would be optimal.

bc        ; Bidi_Class
ccc       ; Canonical_Combining_Class

http://unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/PropertyAliases.txt

Mark