<i18n dev> Now what?

Xueming Shen xueming.shen at oracle.com
Tue Jan 25 12:17:57 PST 2011

Tom,

Yes, I would need some time to digest all the technical details, though
I believe I've
had a good understanding of most issues you raised.

Sure, I will keep you updated for the related RFEs I will submit based
on your research.

The CR# so far I have are

7014645: Support Perl style Unicode hex notation \x{...}
7014633: Support loose matching forboth abbreviated and longer names of Unicode priperty
7014640: Add meta character for line ending '\R'

It might take a couple days(?) for these CR# to show up on the website.

Still need some time to scope/categorize those Unicode properties
support issues, will
post/send you the CR# when I have them and we can then discuss what we
can do to
address those issues going forward.

People on this mailing list are supposed to be interested in Java
i18n/Unicode support, so
I'm sure any opinion/suggestion regarding the Unicode support in Java
are welcome and
appreciated.

Again, thanks for spending so much time on these long writings, it
definitely helps
and appreciated.

-Sherman