<i18n dev> Problem with a translation

Michael Fang michael.fang at oracle.com
Thu Nov 17 21:34:50 PST 2011

Hi Christian,

Thank you for contacting us about potential translation error. I do not
understand the language, so I am looking up various reference sources.

One of the source of reference is CLDR database.  It has the same
translation as Java:
[1]
<http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/browser/tags/release-2-0-1/common/main/sq.xml>
<language type="sq">shqipe</language>

I do see inconsistent translation on Microsoft web sites:
[2] Lang=sq NativeName=shqipe
[3]*Albanian* Shqip

So, perhaps both are acceptable?

I have sent an email to Albania embassy to seek clarification. If you
have any official reference, that would be helpful as well.

thanks,

-michael

[1]
http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/browser/tags/release-2-0-1/common/main/sq.xml