<i18n dev> Codereview request for 7130915: File.equals does not give expected results when path contains Non-English characters on Mac OS X

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Sat Jun 23 04:30:22 PDT 2012

On 22/06/2012 19:02, Mike Duigou wrote:
> :
>
> Won't this cause problems on case sensitive file systems? The MacOSX filesystem is by default case insensitive but case sensitive file systems are not entirely uncommon.

It shouldn't cause any issues accessing files, this is really just about
equals, sorting, and path matching. I think it requires a bit of thought
as to whether to change this because Apple's JDK6 and older releases
does not appear to have changed File#equals.

In any case, just to put some context on Sherman's changes, this really
just another installation of the port to Mac as this area was not
completely ported. In that context then the changes to fix the
normalization issues are very welcome. Other missing pieces in this area
included the watch service, and also a FileTypeDetector implementation.

-Alan.