<i18n dev> Fwd: Codereview request for 7130915: File.equals does not give expected results when path contains Non-English characters on Mac OS X

Xueming Shen xueming.shen at oracle.com
Tue Jun 26 20:33:50 PDT 2012

Alan,

Webrev has been updated accordingly at

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sherman/7130915/webrev

with changes

(1) added a CFStringCreateMutable(...) != null check in both io and nio
native, though it is
      unlikely  to fail here because we are passing a NULL and 0 length,
like new StringBuilder()
      invocation, if it fails the system probably goes very wrong. Both
FStringAppendCharacters
      and CFStringNormalize are void return type.

(2) The first line of path.toCharArray in normalizeJavaPath is a typo,
it is supposed to be
      deleted. The implementation only goes toCharArray when it needs to
go native. Currently
      it uses >0x80 as the fast path criteria, it is possible to expose
some sun.text.normalizer's
      internal methods to have a "quick nfc" check, but I'm not sure how
much the performance
      gain would be, but might worth some investigation later.

(3) Comments have been added for those override-able methods in
UnixFileSystem.

(4) blank lines have been removed from dispatcher.c

(5) I don't think we need to do the HFS check, given we are only doing
nfc/nfd stuff now, as
      long as it is a MacOSX, I believe its nfc/nfd layer will be there.
Copyright has been re-copy/
      pasted and we now only use only bugid.

-Sherman