<i18n dev> [8]Request for review: 8001205) Calendar.getDisplayName(...): Returns null when provider is SPI but there is no SPI implementation

Naoto Sato naoto.sato at oracle.com
Tue Nov 6 14:17:41 PST 2012

Eventually, I merged the fix for 8001562 with 8001205, and here is the
combined webrev:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~naoto/8001205.8001562/webrev.00/

This version includes the following:

- Previous fix for 8001205
- Fix for 8001562, where available locales for JRE's FormatData locales
are now included for getAvailableLocales() return values for all locale
sensitive services (e.g. DateFormat)
- Removed the code for getting rid of Locale.ROOT from the available
locales. Returning it will not affect the compatibility with JDK7 (it's
a superset).
- Method name change (getAvailableLocaleList() -> getAvailableLocaleSet()).

Please review.

Naoto