<i18n dev> Fwd: Re: [7u10] Request for approval: 7174233: Openjdk is missing some key maps on the Japanese keyboards

Seán Coffey sean.coffey at oracle.com
Thu Jan 31 01:43:05 PST 2013

Yuri,

that java code is normally auto generated with the
src/solaris/classes/sun/awt/X11/genhash.awk  file :

#  With this script one can generate a new version XKeysym.java file out
#  of keysym2ucs.h prototype and UnicodeData.txt database.
#  Latter file should be fetched from a unicode.org site, most
#  probably http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/UnicodeData.txt

Since the same approach (manual update) was taken for jdk8 fix, I
suspect it should work for 7u also.

Frank - can you address Yuri's question? Let's wait for confirmation
from Yuri also on whether he's ok with this port and if there are no
objections, Iet's consider this approved for jdk7u-dev. Please provide a
testcase if possible. I'm also assuming that you'll verify the fix in a
Japanese locale before pushing.

regards,
Sean.