<i18n dev> RFR JDK-8013386: (tz) Support tzdata2013c

Xueming Shen xueming.shen at oracle.com
Wed May 8 15:20:35 PDT 2013

Hi,

Please help review the proposed change to update the tz data
in JDK8 from 2012i to 2013c.

Other than the tzdb data file update under make/sun/javazic/tzdata,
corresponding updates have also been made in TimeZoneNames***.java
for the newly added zones, Asia/Khandyga and Ust-Nera, and updated
zone display names (from EET to CET) for Africa/Tripoli (and its alias Libya)

test/java/util/TimeZone/tools/share/Make has been run to generate the
new test data at TimeZoneData.

# I have to update the displaynames.txt "manually" to undo the change
for Atlantic/Stanley from "FKST" (which is defined in southamerica.txt both
in 2012i and 2013c, there is no change for Stanley from 2012i to 2013c)
back to "FKT FKST" to keep Bug6329116.java passed. I'm not sure why the
definition in TimeZoneNames.java (which has FKT as the standard name and
FKST as the summer name) does not match the tz data file (which suggests
that Stanley has moved to use only summer zone), but since this appears
to be an existing issue that not related to this update, I keep the test data for
Stanley untouched.

Tests list below have been run and passed.

java/util/TimeZone
java/util/Calendar
java/util/Formatter
java/time