<i18n dev> RFR for JDK-8019502 some java.util test does not pass VM options when launching java program in script

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Fri Nov 8 01:24:05 PST 2013

On 08/11/2013 03:41, Patrick Zhang wrote:
> Sorry, I have some problems to connect to cr.openjdk.java.net yesterday.
> Now the webrev  and result are attached. Please help to review.
> After checking the scripts in java.util, most of scripts have been
> finished in 8003890. So the webrev only change 2 rest files.
>
> webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pzhang/8019502/webrev/
>
> result:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pzhang/8019502/GenericTimeZoneNamesTest.jtr
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pzhang/8019502/NarrowNamesTest.jtr
cc'ing i18n-dev as that is where Calendar (and its tests) are maintained.

The change look okay to me but I wonder if perhaps you have the wrong
bug number. JDK-8019502 is a confused bug but I think it was originally
intended to be an audit of the tests that use Runtime.exec or
ProcessBuilder to see if they should be changed to pass the options
through. I just mention it as I suspect you might need to create a new
bug for this and then split up JDK-8019502 into other tasks.

-Alan