<i18n dev> RFR: 8025255: (tz) Support tzdata2013g

Aleksej Efimov aleksej.efimov at oracle.com
Fri Oct 11 12:20:41 PDT 2013

Hi Michael,
As I can see this topic was touched a little here:
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/threeten-dev/2012-December/000314.html.
AFAIU from the above discussion the CLDR generic names were translated
in all locales, but the legacy JRE time zone names doesn't contain this
translations.  And actually we already have opened bug for this task:
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8025051. I will work on it
right after the tzdata update and it will include this changes.
But anyway, it's not highly related to tzdata updates. I think, this two
processes can go separately. Do you agree?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Aleksej

On 11.10.2013 21:41, Michael Fang wrote:
> Hi Aleksej,
>
> I took a look at the localized TimeZoneNames_*.java files. They do not
> contain generic time zone names for JSR310...
>
> I think we can file a separate bug to track that issue.
>
> thanks,
>
> -michael
>
> On 13年10月10日 09:54 下午, Masayoshi Okutsu wrote:
>> Hi Aleksej,
>>
>> Here are my review comments.
>>
>> - The copyright header of the data files shouldn't be removed.
>>
>> - TimeZoneNames.java:
>>
>> - "Middle Europe Time", "MET"}},
>> + "MET", "MET"}},
>>
>> I don't think the long name should be changed.
>>
>> I didn't review the localized TimeZoneNames_*.java files. If L10N
>> Team is OK with them, I'm fine.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Masayoshi
>>
>> On 10/10/2013 10:30 PM, Aleksej Efimov wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Please, review the changes [1] needed to address the tz data update
>>> in JDK 8 from tzdata2013d to tzdata2013g.
>>>
>>> The brief list of changes:
>>> 1. tzdata2013g data was integrated to tzdb data files
>>> (make/sun/javazic/tzdata/* changes) and to sun/util/calendar test
>>> data files (test/sun/util/calendar/zi/tzdata/* changes).
>>> 2. a) Updates to long time zone names
>>> b) Updates to short name changes to address corresponding changes in
>>> tzdata2013e(WIT/CIT/EIT/WARST -> WIB/WITA/WIT/ART)
>>> c) Removed unused ACT[] array
>>> d) Added "Europe/Busingen" time zone name
>>> All this changes a)->d) relates to
>>> src/share/classes/sun/util/resources/TimeZoneNames*.java files
>>>
>>> The following tests were executed on JDK 8 with fix:
>>> test/java/util/TimeZone
>>> test/java/util/Calendar
>>> test/java/util/Formatter
>>> test/sun/util/calendar