<i18n dev> [8] Request for review: 8029239: jdk8 l10n resource file translation update - localenames

Masayoshi Okutsu masayoshi.okutsu at oracle.com
Wed Jan 8 01:37:47 PST 2014

Hi Michael,

This fix looks good to me.

> if the users hardcode the names in their program or tests,

I don't think names hardcoded by apps should be concerned. My concern is
names produced using the public API. For example, two apps (client and
server) running on different Java versions may not be able to perform
consistent display name-based operations. Name changes should be
minimized for fixing wrong names IMHO.

Thanks,
Masayoshi