<i18n dev> [9] RFR: 8061382: Separate CLDR locale data from JRE locale data

Naoto Sato naoto.sato at oracle.com
Wed Oct 22 19:52:36 UTC 2014

Hi Mandy,

As I wrote in a separate email, my preference is the following module names:

jdk.localedata.jre
jdk.localedata.cldr

This way, they both come under "localedata" (btw, they don't provide
Locale, but the data for locale sensitive services such as DateFormat,
so I prefer to keep "localedata" here), and jre/cldr are provider names
which correspond to names in the system property.

Naoto