<i18n dev> [9] RFR: 8057646: ClassCircularityError running SQE test

Naoto Sato naoto.sato at oracle.com
Tue Sep 9 17:14:02 UTC 2014

On 9/9/14, 12:39 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:
> It's not clear to me that this is the right place to address this issue.
> Clearly the changes to JRELocaleProviderAdapter to use ServiceLoader
> have upset the ordering that things are initialized for this error case,
> but it looks to me that it's always been very fragile. I think we need
> stack back a bit and examine the stack trace to see where might be a
> more appropriate place to address this, it may be that the security code
> needs to be more tolerant of attempts at recursive initialization.

It's an inherent issue where some init code issues locale sensitive
services, such as in this case, *Formatter. So this could happen not
only in Security class, but could be anywhere. So I think we still need
the change proposed here in order for avoiding regressions. On error
cases, the diagnosability will be addressed with the issue with 8057075.

Naoto