<i18n dev> [9] RFR: 8042126: DateTimeFormatter "MMMMM" returns English value in Japanese locale

Masayoshi Okutsu masayoshi.okutsu at oracle.com
Thu Sep 25 09:08:29 UTC 2014

Hello,

Please review the fix for narrow month names support. The narrow names,
typically one letter names, are derived from the CLDR data. But there
are some semantic differences between the legacy JDK localization and
CLDR. The root resources have English names in JDK, but those are
language neutral in CLDR. I changed JDK resources to follow the CLDR
convention. Also I added test data for narrow month names of all locales.

bug:

wevrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~okutsu/9/8042126/webrev.00/

Thanks,